Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Daisy Chains

I've got to get myself out of the afternoon slumps. Every day at work it seems a little bit after lunch I just want to crawl under my desk and take a nap. I'm sure I'm not eating the right foods, but even when I eat right I still don't want to be here! Oh, to be independently wealthy....hahahahahahahaha

This picture is of what I call clover. It's one of those pretty white flowers that grow in the Spring in everyone's yard around here - unless they put weed killer down. Personally, some plants people call weeds I find very pretty. Like the purple stuff that grows along the edges of fields and roads. And although Goldenrod makes me sneeze, I still think it looks pretty in the fields. I'm sure the farmer's don't share my opinion on that one!

When I was little we used to pick the white clover and tie the stems together, stem to flower, and make crowns and bracelets and necklaces.

We have had rain and storms off and on all day today. They started very early in the morning and are expected to continue until tomorrow morning. I made chicken and noodles last night for supper. It was yucky. I just couldn't seem to get the seasonings right. Tonight I'm making rueben sandwiches. I can't really mess them up!

Darling son had his senior class trip today. The rain probably put the kabosh on a couple things they could do, but where they were going had a lot of indoor activities, such as swimming, a rock climbing wall, volleyball, etc. I'm sure he will be beat when he gets home tonight. Darling daughter worked 6-2:30 and was stopping at the thrift shop on her way home to try and find some more shirts for work, to tide her over until she gets her first paycheck.

Darling husband is probably working 12 hours today, 3pm to 3am. That makes for a very long day. I'm going to drop off some lunch for him to have later in the evening. It might just be a couple bologna sandwiches, but it will be something extra for him to eat.

No comments: