Monday, May 18, 2009

Graduation is over, Party still to come!


He did it! My darling son graduated high school Saturday night. He was awarded two, count them, two scholarships! I am bursting at the seams about this. He also performed a guitar solo for the last time with the band during graduation that netted a huge round of applause. One of the scholarships was for band students and he and another band student shared the award. The other was for a descendant of a coal miner, which he is. Darling daughter was awarded this scholarship last year, so I was really really busting out over that one. I figure it was my great grandparents up there working things around! Neither scholarship is a lot, monetarily, but they mean a lot sentimentally. Have I mentioned how proud I am of him?


Needless to say, I haven't done much in the way of quilting. We had family here over the weekend. This week is going to be busy with preparations for the party this Saturday. I'm hoping after Saturday I can get back to business.

No comments: