Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spring is springing up!


I did a little bit of sewing last night. I finished all but the final border on the kitty cat and fish bones baby quilt. I also cut the final border, a 3 inch strip of alternating solids that are in the quilt. Tonight I think I will put the border on and maybe pin either that quilt or the dog and dog bones baby quilt. I have the backing all set for both, but have to make sure I have enough of the batting I want to use.


Here's a picture of darling daughter and her daddy. She had a great first day at her new job yesterday. She worked 9-5 but today had to get up and be in at 6 a.m.! She is working until 6! Nothing like a 12 hour day to start her off. Wow. I hope she can keep day hours, but not necessarily 12 hours days. It's a half hour drive for her to work and I really don't want her driving those country roads in the dark if she can avoid it!


We have a beautiful Spring day today. The sun is shining and the temp is perfect - not too hot, not too cold. We even have a little breeze blowing. I think we might get some storms tonight, though.


Last night the sloppy joe was pretty good for supper. Didn't make anything on the side with it. I was tired and ended up falling asleep about 8! I must really be a wimp... Tonight I have a chicken cooking in the crock pot with carrots, celery, and onions. When I get home from work I will pull the chicken off the bones, cook some noodles and thicken up a gravy to make chicken and noodles. That will be a pretty good supper.

No comments: