Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Time for a fresh start

Time to regroup! The graduation and party are over. I can concentrate on other things now. We did have a great party for darling son. It was out at the old lake on the outskirts of town. A lot of people showed up and he received a lot of nice gifts. And no one went away hungry! We had lots of food. The fried chicken all went. There was about half a gallon bag of mostaccioli left and a few bags of bbq left. I purposefully made a lot of bbq so we wouldn't run out. I have plans for the leftovers and it freezes really well.

I have not sewn a stitch for weeks. I thought once the party was over Saturday that I would sew on Sunday and Monday, but it didn't happen. Sunday I was wiped out and hardly did anything except put things away from the party and get my house back in order. Plus we had overnight guests Saturday, so that set me back a bit. Monday my brother had a party for his college graduation. I could have sewn before and after that, but I just wasn't in the mood.
I really have to get back in the mood now. I'm sure all it will take will be sitting down at the machine to get excited about sewing again. I just have to motivate myself to take that first step!

No comments: