Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tomato Plants

Another rainy day today. I don't mind it, though. Last night I planted five containers with tomato plants. I still have three more to plant. I'm going to do them tonight, if it's not raining. I picked up some more buckets (free from the bakery) and I think I'll put a few pepper plants in them. I would also like to plant some more flowers. I've kind of gone nuts with the planting this year. Guess I'm making up for the past couple years when I didn't do too much gardening.

Still haven't gotten any sewing done. It's been nice in the evenings so I've wanted to be outside. Darling son was very pleased when he saw all the signatures on his graduation quilt. I need to add a border with his name and the year of graduation on it, then get busy quilting it. That may wait until the Fall. I still have to get those baby quilts done and have committed to quilting the Double Delight for a gift my mother would like to give a friend.

We had rueben sandwiches for supper last night. Darling hubby requested them. I wasn't really in the mood for them, but they are quick and easy to make, so after I had them made for everyone else, I made myself a fried egg sandwich. I just had a taste for it. I have some farm fresh eggs that have a great flavor. There is such a big difference between store bought eggs and farm eggs.

My grandmother is not doing too well. I am going to go visit her tomorrow, I think. She is having hip and back pains.

No comments: