Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

It's early Sunday morning and I'm waiting for the rest of the house to wake up. We don't have much planned for today, just to go to church and then grill out. Darling hubby is great on the grill and there's a pork roast in the fridge with his name on it! ha ha.

Darling son went to prom last night. He looked like quite the man in his tuxedo with tails! I'll post a picture in a future blog. His date was very pretty also. I felt kind of nostalgic after they left because I kept thinking how this was his last high school prom and the next time he would be in a tux would probably be his or darling daughter's wedding! Scary thought!

Yesterday we went to my nephew's first birthday party. My sister in law rented out a hall and had a huge party, 50 or more people, there. It was quite the production, in my opinion. Two cakes, huge wall murals, Sesame Street themed, a big blow up of big bird about 5' tall, and big sub sandwiches for food along with other stuff. I'm not jealous of this woman, however I really truly do not understand her doing this. She and my brother are unemployed right now and have been for months. I didn't have that kind of production when my children turned one, and my husband and I were both working at the time! I guess to each his own.

I did get the opportunity to spend some time with my cousin and her baby at the party. She is my age and has a baby not quite a year old. Her first! The baby is so cute I just love seeing him, which I don't get to do too often. He's just a little miracle.

No comments: