Saturday, January 28, 2012

Baby top pic

Here's a picture I finally got uploaded of the baby quilt top I made from a New Year's Eve Mystery on one of the Yahoo Groups.  It's going to be for my friend Lori's new grandbaby that is due in March.  Will have to get busy quilting it soon!

Last night I didn't sew but was up in the sewing room doing some dreaded pressing.  Ugh.  I've got the pieces for another mystery quilt all ready to be sewn together into blocks, but the half square triangles and four patch blocks all needed a good pressing.  And the dog ears on the half square triangles needed trimming, too.  So I sat there and pressed and trimmed and pressed and trimmed until my eyeballs were about to fall out.  I did have something on the t.v. to watch, but it wasn't all that interesting either.  So I only stayed up there a little over an hour.  I have more to do, but the bulk of it is finished and I would like to get the rest finished so I can put these blocks together already. 

I peeked at the final layout, and they are a Jacob's ladder block.  The mystery directions have the blocks being made in two different settings and combined, but I think I am going to stick with one setting.  My blocks are made with 8 different greens from my stash and 1 light green background from stash.  If it gets finished, I would like to give it to my dad for his birthday late next month.  He just created a little man cave and I thought this would go nice in it.  And green is his favorite color.

Ev is supposed to work tonight, so I'll have the evening to work on sewing.  Until he heads out to work, I have so much to do, I just don't know where to start.  I want to make some homemade bread, so I should get that put together and set to rise.  I have laundry coming out my ears, as usual.  The humidifier needs it's weekly cleaning (by the way, still no nosebleeds since I've been using it - very happy with that fact!).  There are dishes to be done.  And I have got to get the rest of the holiday decorations boxed up and taken downstairs.  I have them all piled in a corner, but needed some boxes from work to put them in.  Brought the boxes home this past week so I have no excuses now!

So I  better get off this computer soon and get busy!

No comments: