Monday, January 2, 2012

Cold today

It really felt like Winter today. It was in the 20's. Brr! Saw a few snowflakes this morning, too. Can't complain. We have been lucky up to this point.

I sewed the rows of blocks together and added three borders to the baby quilt from the New Year's Eve mystery. I like it! Now, I have to just keep myself moving on it and quilt it. I just don't know how it would feel to have a baby quilt ready for a baby a couple months before it's due... Usually, I'm burning the midnight oil right before the baby shower. Hey, I haven't finished it yet, so I better be quiet!

Back to work tomorrow after the New Year holiday. Went to Wal Mart today and was going through their clearance rack. Found a nightshirt with frogs on it in Santa hats. It was real cheap and I need night shirts, so I got it. Sent my mother a picture. She had a lot of fun with it!

Made a big pot of chicken rice soup today. That's for tomorrow or another day this week. We had steak for dinner. I had planned on cooking them yesterday, but Ev wasn't in the mood for them. Actually, I thought about cooking them on Saturday night, but we had eaten too much at lunch to be very hungry.

No comments: