Sunday, January 8, 2012

A little or this and a little of that

Baked some banana nut bread today.  Going to send some to my uncle out in California later in the week.  I might make a batch of apple pumpkin raisin and send it out there too, but not going to commit to anything. 

Was upstairs for a while doing a little sewing.  I got to thinking that the reason I came to a halt on one of my projects it was that I just didn't care for the way it was turning out.  So, I went upstairs and sewed one of the blocks together, and, yup, that's pretty much the reason.  Sigh.  It was a mystery quilt and I have all the pieces cut and most of the clues sewn.  I have decided that when I go upstairs for the next 30 times, I will sew one of the blocks (the one's I don't like - there are 30 of them).  They alternate with other blocks, but I'm not even thinking about those right now.  When it's done, maybe I'll like it more.

I also made a house block in a larger size than the scrappy houses pattern calls for on Bonnie Hunter's site.  Here's a pic of three smaller and one larger block:

The smaller blocks are 7.5" and the larger one is 10.5".  That seems kind of big.  I was having trouble with the other ones.  You can see the chimneys on the top left house aren't the same, because that strip just wouldn't come out the right size.  I'm sure it was my seam allowances or cutting the pieces wrong, but it was aggravating.  Those houses are probably going to end up potholders.

No comments: