Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cutting and marking stars

Tonight I spent an hour in the sewing room cutting and marking pieces for three stars in the 'oh my stars' quilt a long.  One hour to cut and mark three stars.  One hour.  I just can't see me doing this for 110 stars.  Granted, one reason it took a long time was that I was cutting them out from two different disassembled men's shirts, but still.  One hour.  I'm sure you are getting the drift by now that I feel that is way too long to spend cutting and marking pieces for three stars.  Maybe if I cut them out of yardage, rather than shirts it wouldn't feel like such a chore.  I don't know.

One thing I did not do tonight was make a block from the mystery quilt.  Well, really I didn't sew at all, just cut and marked. 


I made breaded chicken patties for dinner and put them over noodles with some sauce and cheese.  I hope Ev likes this home made chicken parmesan.  Nick and Bethany made home made pizzas from the dough I froze last weekend.  This was the first time I froze pizza dough like that and I'm really pleased with the outcome.  I may have to make up a batch of dough and freeze it so we can have home made pizza more often!

Today we learned of a tragedy at the place Ev used to work.  A man was killed in an accident there.  It shook both of us up quite a bit.  I pray the man's family finds peace.  I am so thankful that Ev doesn't work there anymore.  Thank You God!

No comments: