Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oh my aching back

Actually it was my shoulders.  Oh, did they hurt!  After my marathon sewing session on Sunday when I sewed for over five hours, my shoulders were just screaming at me.  I barely slept Sunday night and was like a zombie all day Monday.  I did make it through the work day but when I got home Monday night I just crashed on the couch.  Went to bed real early and when my head hit the pillow, that was all she wrote!

I need to post some pictures soon.  The Valentine's wall hanging is something I dreamed up and I'm pretty tickled with it.  It has 2" squares that make up the center panel, then a thin border and a wider border.  The sqaures are left over four patches and were in all different kinds of pinks and neutrals.  I have the top of the wall hanging finished and need to pin baste and quilt it.  After that is done, I intend to applique hearts on it with all the family members names on them.  As our little family grows, I can add more hearts.  I was teasing my daughter today and told her if she married someone I didn't like I would put their heart on the quilt with velcro rather than stitching it down... haha.  I need to get it done quick, though, because I want to enjoy it for a while before the holiday gets here.

Johanna was home briefly today while her dad was there.  I happened to call home and was talking to Ev when I hear Johanna start going on about a blue quilt.  She discovered Bethany's quilt and was telling Ev that I should give her the quilt!  I had to have him explain to her that it was already given to Bethany and that she just didn't have room in her suitcase to take it home with her.  That did make me feel good, though, that she liked my work.  All the same, I told Nick to go to the Post Office today and get a box so we can send it to Bethany before it turns up missing!  heeheehee.

No comments: