Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ivy and the front door

Most dogs, upon hearing someone knocking at the front door, will bark and go to the door.  Not Ivy.  When the plumber came to the door yesterday, Ev was still asleep.  Ivy, apparently was still asleep, too.  The plumber came back today and commented that he had been to the house but no one answered yesterday morning.  Ev told him our dog was broke...  :)

But seriously, it is nice to have a mellow dog about some things.  She loves to jump on people and love them to death when they come in the door, but she's not much of a barker usually.  This is one quality we pretty much appreciate, living in town and all.  She barks when it's really necessary, and that's enough.

My uncle rescheduled our dinner to tonight, so that's my plans for this evening.  Last night I cooked up a lot of food.  I made a meatloaf, a beef roast with gravy, mashed potatoes, and a green bean casserole.  That should last a couple days at least.

Tomorrow Ev's appointment is in the morning and I have decided to go with him.  That will leave the entire afternoon free to work on Rita's quilt, which I fully intend to do.  Sure hope I get it done!

No comments: