Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Not yet

No, I haven't gotten back to the longarm, but here's a closeup of what I'm doing.  This is a panto called square spiral.  I don't remember who I got it from, but I know it's one that Judy over at Patchwork Times uses and loves.
I got lucky with my fabric stash.  The off white background of this quilt is not the same material throughout.  The top picture shows it a little better, but you can see the pattern is even different.  I didn't have enough of any one material, except muslin, that would work well for the background, so I mixed and matched different off whites.  I think it worked out well.  The quilt just needed more than muslin as the background.

I confess that the colors in it were purchased.  It was like half a yard of each color, a total of five colors, and I needed a dose of fabric therapy.  They just came from Wal Mart, but I had fun picking them out.

Still not back to myself.  This is day four on antibiotics, so I'm getting real close, but the cough is still there as well as the nasal gunk.  I don't need the cough medicine much during the day so try not to take it, but I do need it at night when I lay down.

I know no one reads my blog to hear about my health, but I do think this was the flu and from what I'm seeing on the t.v. this flu season has started early and hitting hard.  I did not get a flu shot, but encourage those of you who need to get one, to do it.  I mean, really, who wants to lose two weeks of time not being able to quilt?  grrrr.

Oh and my darling son put up my t.v. in the kitchen tonight!  I'm so thrilled with it!  The picture is a tiny bit fuzzy, but that isn't anything he has control over, so I'm going to have to track down what cable goes where and what I can do about it.  Fuzzy or not, I'm tickled pink.  Now, I just need to get the rest of the decorations put away.  sigh.

No comments: