Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quilt Show in April!

I am so excited!  I've had hotel reservations in Marion, IL for a couple of nights in April during the Quilt Show in Paducah.  That was as close as we could get without paying a LOT of money for lodging, and I'm okay with that.  It's just an hour drive from Marion to Paducah. 

Now, what I'm excited about today is that I got into 3 classes/lectures that I wanted to attend while at the show!  One is a hands on class on edge to edge longarm quilting.  That was my priority, to be able to get into that one.  Last night Donna, who is going with me, came over and we picked out two lectures to attend together.  One is about choosing colors and the other is a lecture from Alex Anderson and Libby Lehman!  I just can't believe I'm going to see them in person.  How cool is that? 

So I am one happy gal right now, let me tell you.  In the past, I have wanted to take classes and attend lectures but for one reason or another was unable to.  This time I made it a point to try real hard to get it to happen.

Looking forward to getting home after work and cutting binding for Rita's quilt.  Hope I can find something in the stash that matches one of the colors in the top.  If not, I may wait until tomorrow and purchase more of one of the fabrics at Wal Mart on my lunch hour.  That quilt deserves to have a nice binding.  Although, the more I think about it, it might not have to be one of the matching colors.  I think I might be able to get by with a dark green, if I have something in the right shade.  Will have to look.

1 comment:

Lynley said...

Oh that is very exciting indeed! I'm sure you'll have a great time.