Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tidbits

I am going to strive to complete the nursing home quilts this year in a much timelier fashion.  I don't want to be doing that crazy hectic last minute stuff again.  There are usually around a dozen quilts that need to be made, so if I loosely say I will make one a month, that should get me to a good point by Fall when I will have a solid count.  Most of the time there is an overwhelming majority of women in the nursing homes, so it will be safe to make them with colors suitable for ladies.

As a thank you, one of the daughter in law's of a nursing home resident gave me a bag of goodies yesterday.  I haven't really gone through it, but it looks like most of the stuff is wall hangings and novelty sewing projects.  This isn't the type of thing I normally do, obviously, but I'm thinking there may be a way to turn them into holiday quilts.

No comments: