Saturday, January 12, 2013

Water

You would think that I would have had enough water issues after spending gobs of money on replacing the water line to our house a week ago.  Last night I went into the basement to find a leaking pipe. 

Now, plumbing is one of my husbands' least favorite things to work on.  The leak was at a shut off valve and Ev was pretty confident that he could replace the valve without any major repair work being done.  This time he was lucky and it was a quick fix, and cost less than five bucks for the replacement part.  I'm thankful for that and that he was able to replace it easily.

I've got to find my missing mojo.  The quilt for my sister is still on the frame and I have been telling myself it was because I was sick that it wasn't getting finished.  Yes, I'm still on antibiotics for a couple more days, so that excuse is still valid, but I do need to get it done.  Then I have a tee shirt quilt to make for a customer, so I really do need to get out of this slump. 

And I shouldn't be so hard on myself, because I did really have a big push right before Christmas so I haven't been a slacker or anything up until then.

Today Ev and I went out for a beer with our daughter, our neighbor and his sister and daughter.  We went to a bar in Alton called "Fast Eddie's".  It's been featured on one of Alton Brown's shows, the one where he drove across country on his motorcycle.  Anyway, I had my usual non alcoholic iced tea and Ev had a beer.  Here's a pic Johanna took of the two of us.  I look pretty goofy, but hey, we were having fun!


1 comment:

Lynley said...

You two look very relaxed! Nothing like going out for a drink or two to help you get your mojo back :)