Sunday, March 16, 2014

A bit of green

I have two blocks like this made.  Guess I was feeling a bit Irish when I chose these pretty green and white fabrics.  This was a fun block to make and really not difficult, if you can believe that.  It breaks down into a simple section consisting of two strips, two squares, and one half square triangle block.

I pulled out the pieces for the tee shirt quilt and looked at them tonight.  There are seven large blocks that are prepared with the fusible backing.  I need to make two more to set it three by three, but the customer did not give enough tee shirts for that.  However, there were enough left over pieces, four of which have small logos on them, that I can create two more large squares from them.  I am going to put two logos in each big square and use them.  It really shouldn't take too long to do.  I am hoping the weather cooperates and warms up a bit so the basement isn't too cold to work in.

I also need to make some quilting samples on the longarm.  I have all kinds of fun things to do, just not enough time in the day!  The last block I am going to make for the swap is going to be a house block.  I don't think I am going to make them identical, though.  All the blocks up to this point have been identical. 

1 comment:

horsnaround said...

I love this block! I may have to borrow the pattern if you don't mind.