Monday, March 3, 2014

Projects everywhere!

You might remember these blocks from a loooonnnnggg time ago.  I'm calling them "roses in the snow' and have been planning to make a quilt for my mom with them for quite a while now.  Over the weekend I managed to start sewing them into rows.  If you call sewing fourteen pairs together a start, that is.  Hey, it's a start.  Making it 14 rows by 12 across.  Probably put a border on it then, too.

I also finished the 6th pair of blocks for my Paducah trip swap.  Made two "corn and beans" blocks in different purples.  I think they turned out vey nicely.  I haven't decided on what pattern to make next.  Just doing whatever I am in the mood to make.

Yesterday was a bad weather day, with sleet and snow most of the day.  I took advantage of being house bound for most of the day and baked a couple batches of cookies.  I made a batch of chocolate chip with walnuts and a batch of raisin cookies.  Yummy!

I also started a new jigsaw puzzle.  It's another winter scene (you would think I would be tired of winter scenes by now!).  If the past is any indication, I won't be doing much sewing until the puzzle is finished!  I even got up before work and sat down to put just a few pieces together.  Next thing I knew, I was late for work!  haha.  I really do enjoy doing puzzles.  Just don't get anything else done when I have one out.

Pretty cold out today.  The temp is 8 degrees.  Brrr!

No comments: