Saturday, March 15, 2014

Happy National Quilting Day!

What a great excuse not to do housework!  Ha ha.  I am finished piecing those spools for the tenth block in my swap.  Here they are while I was sewing on them.

I'm not sure if it's because of the tiny tiny pieces I have been working with but I'm not pleased with my sewing machine right now.  It seems to be having some difficulty with the bobbin thread.  I thought it was because I was using a finer thread, so I changed to a bit sturdier thread.  That seemed to help a bit, but it just feels "loose", if that makes any sense.  I think I'm going to take the bobbin assembly apart soon and make sure everything is in the right place.  I guess I can't complain about the machine, since I have put a lot of miles on her.  If need be, I will take her to the repair shop, but I don't think I'm at that point yet.  It really might have just been these tiny pieces that were difficult to chain piece that caused it.



No comments: