Thursday, March 27, 2014

Car woes

So I know my car is older and things are going to break down, but why do they have to cost so much?  Sigh.  My baby is in the shop getting a new ball joint, alignment, and a new tire.  There's no question about having the work done or not, because it has to be done.  I'm not going to buy a new car any time soon, so the amount that we have to put into this one in repairs is definitely less than a car payment would be.  Oh well, gotta do what ya' gotta do.  On the upside, I do have a nice new Ford Escape to drive as a loaner car.  Pretty nice ride.

On the quilty side, I got the backing and batting loaded for the tee shirt quilt last night.  I am going to float the top, since it isn't very big at all.  If I have time tonight, I may even be able to get it all quilted.  Will have to see how things go when I get home.  Tonight is my night out to dinner with darling son.  Probably go to Sunset for dinner, as I think he is kind of burned out on Tilley's right now.

I also have to sew up some quilting samples for my friend Sandy.  She has a top that she might want me to quilt and would like to see some samples to decide what she wants to do.  It's kind of exciting now, doing a little bit here and there for other people.  I'm also waiting on another gal to give me a top that I promised to quilt for our church raffle.  The lady who always made the quilts has stopped, so one gal is making the top and I am doing the quilting.  She is going to do the binding, also.  Works for me!

With those three projects, I am going to be about at the end of the roll of batting I currently have.  Good thing I am going to Paducah soon!  Whee!  Hancocks here I come!

1 comment:

M.W. said...

I feel your pain. I just replaced 2 springs and a sway bar (not even sure what that is) got and alignment and the car still pulls to the right and now they say it is the tires. Well they will have to wait a little longer as repairs are way expensive and not fun.