Saturday, March 8, 2014

Friday fun and Saturday sewing

Now, doesn't that look like a great way to start off the weekend?  My friend, Marla, and I met up in Fairview and did some fabric shopping and then had dinner at Red Lobster!  Fried shrimp, crab legs, shrimp scampi, baked potatoes, cheddar bay biscuits, oh and a beer...  Mmmm mmmm good!  I left work a couple hours early and really had a great time.  Good friends, good food, and fabric shopping - what more could you ask for?
 Here's the 8th block that I made for my swap.  It's the broken dishes pattern and done in muted orange colors.  The one block looks like flames and the other has dragonflies on it.  I had been hording that dragonfly fabric, but what better way to use in than in a swap?
Bonnie has announce a new leader ender, but I am still working on the spool blocks that were the leader ender a couple years ago.  Here's my bucket full of spools.  Going to be a while before I have the 1023 I need to make a king size quilt, but Rome wasn't built in a day.
And all lined up and ready to go are piles of roses in the snow blocks.  Think I have enough projects to keep me busy?  haha!

Tonight Ev and I are going to watch a movie on t.v. and have a very easy supper of cold cut sandwiches and potato chips. 

No comments: