Friday, March 28, 2014

Still waiting

I am still waiting for the shop to get the parts and get my car fixed.  Could end up having this loaner over the weekend, which means I had better put gas in it because I am riding on fumes... 

In one of the local papers there was an article about a furniture resale shop a couple towns over.  Tomorrow Ev and I are going to take a ride over there.  I would like to find a table that is sturdy but not expensive, and not real large.  I would like to use it to turn into a sewing table by cutting a hole in it for a machine and dropping the machine down on a shelf below.  This is not my original idea, and if you want more information you can google Ikea hacks sewing table.  Go to the one on the blog frommartawithlove.  The table just needs to have a front and back apron to attach pieces of wood to for the shelf.

This morning when I was waiting to leave for work I went upstairs and made a couple of crumb blocks.  My friend, Sandy, asked me about them yesterday and I wanted her to see the technique.  The are so easy and brainless to make, I really should do more of them.

Maybe this weekend I will get the last blocks made for my swap with Mary (as well as finishing the tee shirt quilt).  I was playing in some scraps and came across some animal prints and thought it would be cute if I used one of the animals in the house block.  It could be looking out of the window.  Since Mary has always liked giraffes, that is what will be looking out of her window.  I have a tiger for mine.

No comments: