Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Making the cut

Last night I didn't actually do any sewing, just some pre-sewing stuff.  AKA cutting.  I cut out the pieces to make two 'broken sugar bowl' pattern blocks in different blues.  Tonight I plan to go upstairs and sew them together while my wonderful cleaning ladies are working their magic.

Yes, I have cleaning ladies.  I hope no one thinks I'm some kind of snob or rich you-know-what, because I am not.  These two gals come every other week for two hours and do the basics - floors, bathroom, vacuum - that sort of stuff.  They charge $40 total, which I have figured out I can afford IF I don't eat lunch out when I am at work. 

I will be the first to tell you that I am a horrible housekeeper.  I mean, I'm pretty bad at it.  I hate to do it, have no desire to do it, therefore I don't do it.  I work a full time job, as I'm sure most everyone of us does in this day and age, and when I go home I want my down time to be mine.  I already go home and cook dinner every night and do laundry and dishes.  I could go on and on, because I feel like I have to justify having someone else clean my house, but I will stop here.  Besides, it makes me and Ev happy to have a clean house.  That's worth $20 a week.

Tonight I am going to make a pot of vegetarian chili and some cheese quesadillas for dinner.  It's Ash Wednesday, so we will go meatless, plus Nick can take some of it home with him tomorrow when I see him.

1 comment:

Lynley said...

I have someone clean my house too - and it is so worth it to me! I'd rather save somewhere else that doesn't matter and spend the money on something that really really improves my life :)