Saturday, September 17, 2011

And speaking of squirrels

I was just commenting recently on the squirrels in my neighborhood and how I liked them to someone when I happened to look at my cactus plant out on the front porch.  Can you see in the middle of the cactus?  It's a walnut with it's hull still on it.  Those goofy squirrels tried to bury that nut in my cactus!  I was sitting in the front room with the door open and saw a squirrel come up on the porch.  Curious to see if it was just checking on the walnut, I continued to watch and wouldn't you know it, that bugger removed the walnut and took it away to hide somewhere else!  Hmfph.  I guess my cactus plant wasn't safe enough for it.

Went down to visit with Johanna, Ben and Johnathon for a couple hours today.  Ev had to work this afternoon, so I left at the same time he left for work.  Had a nice visit and got to spend some 'grandma' time with Johnathon, even though I'm not an official grandma, yet.  Sure do love that little bugger.  He really is a joy to be around.  And Johnathon, when you get older and read my blog, I want you to know that I mean every word!

Took Ivy for a couple walks today.  She is really getting good at walking.  I still have to use the pinch collar (and I still hate that I do) but she is getting better every day about pulling.  Just small amounts of progress, but with time I'm sure I'll be able to use a regular collar again.  She has started to do her 'business' now when we walk, so I have started carrying plastic sacks with me.  ugh.  The things I do for this dog...

I worked on the baby quilt some more today.  I only have a few more lines of quilting to do on it, then bind and label it.  Looking good for getting finished this weekend.

No comments: