Saturday, September 3, 2011

Up and at it early today

Would you believe I was up in the sewing room at ten minutes to seven this morning?  On a Saturday?  I've got the bug now, to keep moving on the quilt.  I sewed together the pieces for the backing, pressed the back and pressed several seams on the quilt top that needed it.  The backing was from a bolt that was 60" wide, but the folded edge had an age line, so I just put a seam there and cut off the age line!  It worked just fine.  I also pieced together two batts to make a large enough piece for this quilt.  I have everything ready to be pin basted but still trying to work out where to do it.  I really don't feel like going to the church hall, dragging chairs away from tables, pushing them together, washing them down in case they are dirty, and then pin basting the top, and have to put everything back the way it was.  My tables at home are occupied, but I thought about it and even if I cleared them off and brought them out to the patio, they aren't large enough!  This quilt is over 8' wide and my tables are only 6' long!  sigh.  So what I'm leaning toward doing now, is clearing a space on the kitchen floor, make sure it is clean, and pin basting the quilt enough that it will lay correctly, then take it upstairs to one of the tables and pin baste it even more.  At least, that's my plan.  I might attempt this tonight if Ev goes uptown for a beer and Nick goes out to his friends house.  Or maybe I'll wait until early tomorrow morning and do it before anyone gets up.

Caught another mouse last night.  Reset the trap and hope that if there are more, they will get caught.  Have I mentioned lately that I HATE MICE?

Johanna and Ben brought Johnathon over to swim today.  We grilled some burgers and bacon dogs.  Also put a couple veggie burgers on for Nick.  Had beans and chips.  I bought some potato salad but forgot to put it on the table.  duh.

No comments: