Friday, September 30, 2011

Good dog

After the previous post, I decided to take Ivy for a walk down Main Street.  That's our usual route, walk all the way down Main Street and then back home.  It's a 2 mile round trip and a good bit of exercise.

When we got up to Main Street and started walking down it, I noticed that there were quite a few people out.  I remembered then that it was just about the time that they have the Homecoming Parade.  It's not the big parade that they have during the Homecoming Carnival in June, it's the one the high school kids put on for the Homecoming Football Game.  Well, we had already walked far enough that I wasn't about to turn back, and I thought this would be a great test of Ivy's temper.  The crowds, the noise, the sirens - all would make quite a commotion and I wanted to see how she did.

This dog was fantastic!  Lots of little kids (and a few big ones, too!) came up to her and wanted to pet her.  She allowed everyone to pet her and was very good.  The fire truck blew it's extremely loud horn and she wasn't bothered by it, nor was she bothered by the sirens!  I am so pleased!

My nephew is a sophomore on the football team, so he was in the parade.  We thoroughly embarrassed him by waving wildly and acting all silly.  I sure hope he gets to play tonight in the game.  And I hope they win!

Johanna breezed in and out tonight, and wasn't here long enough to do any baking.  I'm making some of the cookies now, but I may go over to her place tomorrow and make another batch with her and the little guy.  Or they may come here.  Either way, I'm having cookies...  :)

No comments: