Thursday, September 1, 2011

So close

I am so close to having the 36 patch top done, it's exciting!  Does that mean I'm a nerd because I get excited over things like this?  sigh.  Anyway, I sewed rows together and pinned more sections.  Dare I say that I would like to get it basted and attempt to machine quilt it over the weekend?  I have no illusions that it will get completely done, but it would be nice if I got a good start on it.  I have those big tables that I bought to baste on upstairs, but they are in use, so I don't think I'll be using them to baste quilts on!  Maybe I'll take it to the church hall.  Or clean off the tables and bring them out to the patio.  I don't know.

This morning when I got up I checked the mouse traps in the kitchen.  One had the bait stolen and was not set off.  Another still had the bait on it.  And the third was missing.  Yes, missing.  Since it was right next to the stove, my guess was that the mouse drug it under the stove.  Woke up Ev and told him, so when he got up he moved the stove and yup, one mouse in a trap!  I reset the traps, in case he had friends....  Have I mentioned I hate mice?

I made our reservation for zip lining down at Meremac Caverns later in the month.  It is going to be so cool!  Me, Ev, and the kids are all going to do it.  Should be a lot of fun.

Made two taco casseroles for dinner tonight.  One with meat and the other without.  I had some of the one without meat and it was pretty good.  I put black beans, corn, and tomatoes  in it, along with sour cream, taco seasoning, crushed tortilla chips, and cheese.  Nick liked it.

Tomorrow is my short day at work.  Uncle Ray wants to go get fish for dinner tomorrow night.  Guess we will do that.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

All quilters get more and more excited as they near a finish. There have been times I have nearly stopped sleeping. Now, that makes me a quilting nerd for sure!