Thursday, September 29, 2011

Windy afternoon

At the risk of everyone thinking I am a slob (cough, sputter, shrug), here's a pretty cool picture of a plant that I have been growing at work.  This was from a clementine seed, from a clementine I was eating at my desk!  It's gotten quite tall and is looking really healthy.  And yes, that's my messy desk...

It's been quite windy this afternoon, and I'm wondering if it's going to blow in some rain! We could use some, but please don't rain the entire time I'm off on vacation!  I won't be working tomorrow because I have to go to a funeral (distant relative), so after that I will be relaxing and enjoying my time off.  Really looking forward to going to the cabin we have reserved down in the Shawnee National Forest.  That's going to be really neat and Ev and I are really looking forward to it!  I think Nick is really looking forward to having the house to himself!  haha.

I'm trying to decide what, if any, sewing I should take to the cabin.  We are going to do some hiking the first day, and I think we may do some the second day also, so maybe I'll just take a small hand project or something in case I get bored. 

I was noticing the really cool colors in nature right now around here.  The corn is dried up, ready for harvest, and the stalks are a beautiful light tan color.  The soybean leaves are turning yellow and orange and look very nice.  And the trees are just starting to turn.  I'm hoping that that trees on our hike down south next week will be at peek colors!  I'm also hoping to get some apples from an orchard down in that area.

Something I want to mention about this blog.  There are many times throughout my work day that I think, "Oh if I put that on my blog, no one would believe it!".  Most of the things I think this about are negative.  What happens, usually, is that I get home and by the time I'm ready to blog, I have dismissed the negative things that have happened at work and am ready to write a pleasant post.  Usually this is the case, but I have slipped some negativity in recently, just because I've been so burned out.  This upcoming vacation will help, I believe, and the support of all my friends, seen and unseen, really helps.  The blog is therapeutic for me...a release of the days tension and emotion, and a place for me to share my thoughts and dreams.  So thanks, blogland friends, for reading my blog and for your encouragement every now and then, even if it's just to say "hang in there!".

No comments: