Thursday, September 22, 2011

A mountain of dishes and a free pizza

My darling husband and I have a somewhat unspoken agreement that if I do the cooking, which I do, he does the dishes.  This is during the week.  On days when he has to work 12 hours, I can completely understand why he doesn't do the dishes.  If I had to work those kind of hours on my feet doing physical labor I would not want to stand at the kitchen sink and wash dishes.  Yes, we are the last house in America without an automatic dishwasher. 

Well, the last couple of days he has not done the dishes, which is forgiven because one of those days he worked 12 hours.  However, I didn't feel like I should have to cook and wash dishes tonight, so I ordered a pizza.  Luckily I had a coupon for a free large pizza from the local pizza joint.  Now the dishes are done, I'm fed, and he will have something to eat when he gets home.

Oh, and we also don't have a garbage disposal.  A dishwasher I wouldn't mind having, but I have an aversion to garbage disposals and do not want one.  There was one in the sink when we moved here, but I broke it early on and had a local plumber remove it.

No comments: