Friday, March 15, 2013

Easy meals

Last night, because I wanted to get some sewing done, I made a quick batch of chili using the leftover taco seasoned ground beef from the night before.  I just added chili beans, onion, green pepper, and tomato sauce to make some easy chili.  Then I cooked some spaghetti noodles and we had chili spaghetti with cheese on top.  Yum!

This morning I put together a batch of clam chowder.  I'm pretty sure I have given the recipe here before, but all it is is 2 cans of cream of potato soup, 3 cans New England clam chowder, quart of half and half, two cans minced clams, drained and one onion diced sauteed in one stick of butter.  Add sauteed clams and onion to the rest of the ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for a few hours.  Makes a great semi-homemade soup.  Just add a loaf of fresh bread and you are good to go!

So dinner is all ready when I get home and I'm pretty happy about that!

No comments: