Friday, March 1, 2013

Goofy hairstyles and empty coffee cups

So today at work a woman was standing at my desk asking me questions and it was all I could do to not stare at her hair.  She had it pulled up in a ponytail right smack dab on the very top of her head then fanned out so her hair created what I can only describe as a fountain.  Now, this hairstyle is cute on a little bitty girl, but on a grown woman, it just looked ridiculous.  At least to me, it did.

I'm done griping.

Well, maybe not quite...  Hubby and I went to lunch today to the local dive cafe by my work.  It's a place we used to go to a lot, but quit going and each time we decide to go again we are reminded of WHY we quit going.  Today was no exception.  After watching the waitress walk past our table several times with the coffee pot and effectively avoiding eye contact, Hubby, who is tall and has very long arms, leans over and swings his bone dry empty coffee cup out to stop the forward progress of the waitress and says very sweetly "May I have more coffee please?".  I bust out laughing when she was gone and all I could think of was that he was going to resort to throwing the cup at her if his acrobat maneuver didn't work!

1 comment:

MuleHill said...

I have a problem with ice tea glasses remaining empty. They're see-through for Pete's sake!

My boyfriend called me from a parking lot last week to ask me why a man in his fifties would have a blue mohawk. "Easy," I said, "his brain is fifteen."

Your co-worker needs a best friend who will call her Pebbles. We all need an outside perspective now and then.