Thursday, July 23, 2015

An Hour of Ironing


Doesn't this look exciting...not.  I'm not very fond of pressing, but it's a necessary part of quilting.  Last night, I decided that I was going to press those strip sets for the second Jimmy John quilt while Bonnie Hunter had quilt cam.  It was good for me to do it while she was on because the time went quickly.  And, to tell the truth, those strip sets are so pretty, I didn't mind too much.  Here they are all pressed and neatly waiting for me to cut them into sections.  Hopefully I will get to that tonight.


After all the strip sets were done, I thought I might as well press a few of the three inch spool blocks that I made as leader enders for a couple years.  I have a basket full of them and they all need to be pressed before I can sew them into a top.  I ended up pressing about 40 of them.


It barely made a dent in the basket of blocks, so I'm optimistic that there are more in the basket than I originally thought.  I'm tired of making them and have pretty much decided that whatever I have done is all I'm going to make.  The quilt might have alternating solid blocks, or maybe it won't.  I am also thinking of doing a wall hanging with a few of them.

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Oh, those strip sets are very, very pretty!