Friday, July 10, 2015

Squashed


Dinner last night was home made breaded chicken strips, steamed broccoli, and a new to me recipe for zucchini/squash casserole.  I modified the recipe from it's original state.  Here's my recipe:

Zucchini or Yellow Squash Casserole

4 cups shredded zucchini or yellow squash
1 small onion, chopped
fresh corn kernels from 2 ears of corn (or drained can of corn)
2 eggs
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix (NOT prepared, just the dry mix)
salt and pepper
8 oz shredded cheese, divided in half (I used pepper jack cheese, but cheddar would be good too)

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a baking dish, or put a couple teaspoons butter in a cast iron skillet and melt them (this is what I used and it came out very nicely).  Combine all but half the cheese and pour into baking dish or skillet.  Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.  Bake for one hour.

No comments: