Monday, July 20, 2015

Jimmy John (Number One)


I did it!  At the retreat this past weekend I made this top, from start to finish.  It's a pattern called "Jimmy John" that is free on Jo's Country Junction (see right rail for blog link).  This pattern uses one jelly roll and some additional yardage.  I did change up the borders a bit from the original pattern.

The jelly roll I used in this one contained some batiks and other neat fabrics.  I was a little slap happy by the time it was finished, around 9 p.m. I think.  We had been up sewing from 8 a.m.

I started the second Jimmy John quilt with another jelly roll.  This one has all batiks in it.  Both of the jelly rolls were purchased at Hancock's of Paducah during our trip there in 2014.

My friend, Sheri, on the right side of the quilt, is helping me hold it up.  The quilt actually goes on the bed with the rows going up and down, but neither of us are that tall!  haha.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your quilt! I may have to try out that pattern, I don't have a jelly roll but do have a whole tub of batiks that need used.