Sunday, July 5, 2015

Shish-Ka-Bob

So today I was just going to take it easy and relax.  Then I got it in my head that I want to make shish-ka-bobs.
Image result for kabobs 

This is not a picture of my kabobs.  I have mine marinating in the fridge on foil lined trays.

I've found that it's easier to put all the meat on one kabob, and veggies together on others because the meat takes longer to cook, usually.  We are going to have beef, pork, and chicken kabobs, and veggie ones with onion, green pepper and tomatoes.  Probably throw some pineapple chunks in with them, too.  I forgot to get mushrooms.  

Oh, and I made a big pot of chili today, too.  That will be for later in the week or whenever we want it.

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I haven't done ka-bobs in ages because I couldn't figure out how to get the veggies cooked without overcooking the meat. Your idea of skewering the veggies separately from the meat is an excellent idea! Now why didn't I think of that? ha! I think we'll be having ka-bobs this weekend!