Thursday, July 2, 2015

Fireworks

Image result for 4th of july fireworks

Do you shoot off fireworks during the holiday?  Our state has some pretty strict laws on what the average citizen can and cannot purchase and shoot off when it comes to fireworks.  The neighboring states are not as strict.

Now, fireworks are not cheap, at least not the good ones, the, ah, illegal ones.  I'm not too keen on spending hundreds of dollars on something I'm going to blow up, however, if we had little kids around, I might be more inclined to loosen the purse strings.\

Many people in our area go hog wild for fireworks, so usually I can just sit on my deck in my back yard and enjoy the show.  I'm hoping our dog Addy is okay with the noise.  So far, she seems to be.  And there have been plenty of people shooting them off already, so she has heard them.

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Our town has multiple fireworks manufacturers and multiple fireworks vendors. Only in the very driest years have they been restricted. Even the temporary vendors have been selling for more than a week, so we hear fireworks every night. On the fourth, unless it is pretty actively storming, the explosions begin before dark and last until sometime between midnight and two a.m. The advantage is that usually by midnight the noises are less annoying!

Yes, children are so expensive that the most mine ever received were those sparklers! My mind is boggled by people sending as much as I have in one of my paychecks up in flames! But I do watch their money burn!