Friday, July 24, 2015

Final Retreat Recap Sunday


Here's what Mary accomplished during the retreat.  She finished the center of the top for her sister's quilt.  It's really bright and cheery, with sunflowers in some of the strips.  She put a border of the light color on it when she got home.  Her sister is going to love it.

Sunday morning, if you can believe it, I got out of bed at 5:59 a.m. and went straight to the sewing machine and started sewing!  Mary and I shared a room and she got up at the same time to sew.  I really wanted to get a jump start on the second Jimmy John top and I managed to sew all the strip sets together.  I didn't get them pressed there, but at least they were sewn.  That was a big boost for me.  I knew that I would be more likely to continue working on it if it was that far along.

At one point, I took a break from sewing strip sets and made a second pillowcase.  So did Mary.  We both went home with a set of pillowcases, which was a nice little bonus.  There were other little gifts here and there from friends that went home with us.  It all just added to the really nice experience we all had.

I may have been the last one sewing, because I remember still putting those strips together while everyone else was starting to pack up their gear.  I sewed right up until 10:45 a.m.  Lunch was at 11 and then we were to leave for home.

Lunch was wonderful, of course.  Sharon made quite a spread.  There were cornish game hens, cut in half, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, salad, and cookies.  The meals at the retreat were exceptional.  Thanks again, Sharon, for making our stay there wonderul.  We will be back!


No comments: