Thursday, July 30, 2015

Timing is Everything

For months I have been going into this antique shop just a short distance from my office.  They have had this machine with a wonderful cabinet there that I would like to have.  I would like to have it for the cabinet.  It would replace one of the crummy tables I have in the basement down by Gemma and I could store thread and tools in the drawers.  I posted a picture of it before, but here it is again:


The price has been reduced by almost half.  Yesterday I gave the shop owner a downpayment and will be picking it up on Friday.  The machine is a Western, which I am not familiar with.  If it works, It will be nice to have in the basement in case I need to sew a quick seam.

The guy who brought this machine to the antique shop is also the same person who I purchased Polly, the 15-91 Singer from.  Last night, while sewing on Polly, the foot pedal started to give me a tiny shock.  Well, in my opinion, ANY shock from an electrical appliance is a bad thing, so I call the guy and asked him if he had a replacement pedal I could purchase.  He does and he will even bring it to the house this weekend and switch them out, since the pedal is hardwired to the motor.  Good deal!  Hopefully the replacement pedal will work, because it's only a few buck, but if it doesn't, I can order one from Singer.  That will be a little more cash and I'll have to wait on that.  Let's just hope the one he has works.

While I had him on the phone, I mentioned to him that I was still on the lookout for a Singer 301 machine.  He said he didn't have a 301 but has a 401 right now.  Oh, my.  My.  Oh.  My.  You know where this is going, right?  Long story short, he's sending me some pics of the machine tonight and if it looks good I'm going to ask him to bring it to me this weekend when he comes to fix Polly.  The price is way, way less than the machine usually sells for, so I'm good on that front.  Now, how do I explain all this to Ev?  Machines are so much harder to hide than fabric....  haha.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Make sure Ev is out of the house when the SMG (Sewing Machine Guy) comes over.

When the SMG leaves find an out of the way corner in the basement and put the new machine in it and cover it with fabric.

Then just pray it works! LOL

Quiltlady said...

Tell Ev it's your "power tool". Men are always buying those - he'll understand.

Unknown said...

Your ankle! Oh my ankle! Remember?

bunbear said...

LOL, You gals rock!