Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Almost a Spring Day

The temp is so nice today, even though it looks like it wants to rain. We are supposed to get some storms later. That won't bother me, once I'm home for the night.

The pork roast I made yesterday in the crock pot was very good. I made a gravy with it, some mashed potatoes, and frozen green beans. It was a good dinner and not much work. I also made a loaf of banana bread. The recipe came off www.allrecipes.com and called for over two cups of mashed bananas for one loaf! It was very flavorful. I added walnuts to it, and that made it even better. Tonight I think I will just make sloppy jo for supper.

Darling daughter has a new boyfriend. I have mixed feelings about this new relationship. The fellow seems very nice. He has a good job, comes from a good family, and is attending college part time. He also has a son that lives with the mother. I like the young man, I just worry that darling daughter won't be able to handle the responsibility and challenges that come along with this situation. It is her life, and she is 19, but of course I'm going to worry. She has only been seeing him for a week, so I'm probably worrying prematurely. It isn't the fact that he has a child that concerns me, it's the child's mother and how she may try to run this young man's life, and in turn, my daughter's if they become serious. Again, it's only a week but I know how hard and fast she falls.

Darling son has found a 'coffee shop' in a neighboring town that he likes to hang out at. I figure he's pretending he's a hippy from the 60's. He says he likes to go and play guitar there and eat vegetarian burgers!

Didn't do any sewing last night. Mondays I don't seem to have any energy to do much of anything when I get home from work. Add in the fact that we moved the clocks ahead this past weekend, and I was pretty beat.

I am contemplating starting an applique project or a hand piecing project. Just contemplating it for now. I would like to have something to work on in the summer when I go to the park or lake on my lunch hour. I do have the yo-yo's to work on. I might just keep going on them.

No comments: