Friday, March 20, 2009

Sunshine on a Friday afternoon

It's a little cooler out today than it has been the last couple days, but it's still very nice for the first day of Spring.

I don't know what has gotten into my darling husband. A few weeks ago out of the blue he offered to take me to the fabric store 45 minutes away. That was a nice unexpected trip that I enjoyed. Today, while I was on my lunch break, he sends me a text message asking how much of the baby quilt I have done for his coworker. They were adopting the baby and bringing him home today.

Well, I was planning on giving them the Mosaic Tiles quilt I made during that one mystery. I didn't have it quilted yet, but the top was finished. I told him that and where to find the top. To my surprise, he was already in the sewing room. This in itself is really strange...

So he finds the top and asks who the purple pinwheel top is for. I tell him and he comments on how nice it is. Am I getting the hint yet? Sigh. Dear hubby, would you like me to make a pinwheel quilt for your coworker instead of the Mosaic Tiles? Oh, this made him so happy. Yes, that's what he wants. He even offers to take me to the fabric store tomorrow. Wow.

I mention that I can get what I need for it at Wal Mart and I could probably get the material before I come home from work today. There's a bit of silence and then darling husband says "since it's for my friend, I'd like to help pick out the fabric". Oooookkkkkkaaaayyyyy. Who are you and what have you done with my husband?

Tomorrow morning we will both go pick out fabric. If we have enough time in the morning, that is. We may have to wait until Sunday because my mom and grandma are coming over and we are going to lunch around noon with them.

No comments: