Friday, March 13, 2009

Got a good start on the baby quilt

Last night I sewed all the half square triangle blocks I need for the pinwheel blocks for the baby quilt. The more I look at the colors, the more I wonder if it's too pink and not purple enough. But I'm not changing it now!

I have to press and trim the dog ears off the blocks, then sew them together into pinwheels. Im' thinking of sewing two types of blocks into one pinwheel or just one type. Not sure yet what I want to do.

I also don't know if I want to use the light colored material for blocks in between the pinwheels or maybe the dark colors. I am leaning towards the light material. Don't know what I'll use for the back yet.

I have another person to make a baby quilt for this month. It is a co-worker of my husbands. She is adopting a child. I'm thinking of quilting up the mosaic tiles baby top that I made during Christmas as a mystery quilt.

The spaghetti sauce darling daughter made last night was very very good. All I had to do was cook the noodles and slice the bread! What a treat! Tonight I'm going out with two of my friends for dinner. The crew is pretty much on it's own at home for dinner. There is a box of fish sticks in the freezer if they get desperate.



No comments: