Friday, March 6, 2009

A beautiful day!

The temperature is unseasonably warm today. I would love to go outside and just enjoy the weather. Instead I'm stuck behind a desk at work. If it's still nice when I get off work this afternoon, I may spend some time putzing around in the yard. Hopefully it will be nice enough tomorrow to put something on the grill.

Darling son has a music competition tomorrow morning. He's playing a piece on the guitar. I'm going to go with him and I'm looking forward to hearing him play. I scheduled his college orientation this morning. It will be in early June.

I've got a funny story from a couple nights ago. My darling husband works second shift, as I've mentioned before. He went out for a beer after work but got home around 1a.m. - not real late or anything. I know he was home then because I briefly woke up and looked at the clock. He went into the front room and turned on the t.v. I went back to sleep. Well, I woke up at 5 a.m. after sleeping really well. I could hear dear hubby breathing next to me, but then I also could hear the television on in the other room. I rolled over and discovered it was not my dear hubby in bed with me, but my 85 pound Labrador Retriever laying splay legged on her back, head right up next to mine, and deep in sleep! At least she didn't snore! Darling hubby had fallen asleep on the couch with the t.v. on...

Last night I made a chicken enchilada casserole for supper. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but it was a hit. I layered corn tortillas, cooked chicken mixed with taco seasoning, onions, green chilis peppers and black beans, and a cheese mixture.

No comments: