Monday, March 23, 2009

A good weekend



This was a good weekend. I didn't do a lot of sewing, but had company. My mom and grandma come on Saturday around noon and stayed until 8. The whole family went out to eat, then the kids went their separate ways and dear hubby and I visited with gram and mom.

After they left, dear hubby and I went to Wal Mart to pick out fabric for the baby quilt for his coworker. Well, Wal Mart has pretty slim pickin's of fabric these days. We were hard pressed to find four fabrics that worked together! Ended up with these pictured, plus added one from my stash. The one picture by itself will be the backing fabric and the four together will be what make the pinwheels.

I was able to finish the quilting on the purple pinwheel baby quilt and sew the binding down on the machine. I need to hand finish the binding on the back now. I brought it to work today to sew on during lunch. I think I'll go to the park and sit in the car while I sew it on. Probably not get it done in one day, but I'll make a little progress.

Haven't really been dieting, but haven't gained any back. I looked up online that 3500 calories make a pound. Well, if I can exercise enough to burn that much, logically I should lose a pound. My treadmill shows how many calories are burned each session, so if I can burn 250 calories a day, in 2 weeks I should lose a pound. Hopefully.

Darling son is getting so close to graduating high school. I am really ready to be done with high school. Ready for both kids to be in college. I think it will be a lot less stress. At least I hope so.

Darling daughter is almost finished with her first year of college. Wow. That went fast! She is doing well and moving forward toward her nursing degree. She is spending a lot of time with her new boyfriend. Darling husband and I like him. He seems well mannered and respectful.

I have told both of the kids that during the summer they need to have jobs (darling son has one already) and that they should put half of their paychecks away for when they are in school. Dad and Mom will help out, but they need to do more on their own.

Dear hubby is still working on the machine at work that he bumped to. He was worried for a while that there would be more lay offs, but now they are talking about bringing the four laid off workers back within the next couple weeks. I really really hope they do that. Not just for those laid off, but because he wants to be back on his old machine. Of course, there is no telling what management will do next, especially in this economy!


No comments: