Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Sunday

Well, I got down to business on that baby quilt for my co worker. I put all the pinwheel blocks together, and sewed them together in four rows of four. Then I put two two inch borders on it. I also pressed it and pressed the material I'm going to use for backing. I had thought I was going to alternate pinwheel blocks with solid blocks, but it would have been too big for an infant. Now I need to pin baste it and quilt it. I will probably just quilt it in simple lines.

The turkey dinner was pretty good yesterday. Had leftover turkey sandwiches for supper today. I have enough leftover to make a turkey pot pie one day this week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

I also made a couple bags for the kids out of the shamrock fabric. I didn't put anything expensive in them. For darling son I put a six pack of his favorite soda, a couple shamrock tumblers, and some ponytail holders. Put some green flip flops, tumblers, and ponytail holders in darling daughter's bag. I didn't make these bags as big as the Christmas or Valentine bags. This time I used a piece the size of a fat quarter, instead of a half yard.

No comments: