Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another nice day

These two little guys sit by my sewing machine and help me sew! hee hee. Darling daughter picked them up at an art fair at her college a while back. They are a touch of whimsy just to remind me not to take myself so seriously.

The last couple of days have been really nice, weather wise. Today it's a little cooler, but the sun is shining and everything looks fresh after last night's rain. Looking forward to Spring starting tomorrow.


I though I would go upstairs and finish quilting that baby quilt the last day or two, but when I have gotten home from work I have been pretty worn out and just collapsed on the couch. Seems if I force myself to go upstairs, I get a lot done, but if I don't, I just veg out in front of the t.v. Maybe this is just lag from the time change or season change. I do sew a lot on the weekends, usually. Although this weekend I might not, because my mom is coming down for a visit. She stays at my grandma's an hour away, but we usually get together either at my house or gram's.


Darling daughter is going to some kind of motor cross sports thingy this weekend with her new boyfriend. Don't know what darling son will be doing.


Maybe part of my problem is that I'm concerned about dear hubby's job. There was a flitter of a rumor that they may have more lay offs in the works, and that is pretty scary. I know I must be worrying about it because I have that tightness in my neck, especially when I go to bed and try to sleep. Not good. Been using my trusty rice bag at night when I go to bed. That is the nicest feeling - that warmth molded to your neck or shoulder, wherever it hurts. It helps me fall asleep.


I should make up a rice bag or two for my mom when she comes this weekend. She liked using the one I had when she was here last time. My coworker that I gave one to a while back still raves about it, especially once a month!

No comments: