Monday, March 30, 2009

Productive weekend






















This weekend was a pretty productive one for me. Friday I sewed some of the triangles together for the blue pinwheel, then Saturday I actually put them all together and quilted and bound the quilt! I was sewing for about six hours Saturday. Loved every minute of it. Sunday we took the quilt to darling husband's coworker and got to see the baby. He's so tiny, for six months.

I also finished the purple pinwheel for my coworker. I meant to bring it to work today to leave at her desk in case she drops in, but of course I forgot it. I'll bring it tomorrow.

My mother would like to give double delight to a friend of hers for Christmas. I am going to do some free motion quilting on the old singer, and if I can get that down on just a baby quilt top, I will move on to the double delight top. I am just a bit nervous about it!

My trip to Paducah is all up in the air now. My friend, Donna, has to have surgery the beginning of the month and she may not be able to go with me. The lodging is all paid for. I don't know if I can get a refund, or if I want one. If she can't go, I have a couple options. I could invite someone else, I could cancel, or I could go to the show in Chicago instead the week before. Or I could go alone, although that might not be much fun.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Your pinwheel quilts are very pretty.