Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sunny but cold today

Spring was just teasing us earlier this week. We were back below freezing this morning.

Last night I finally started on the baby quilt. I cut squares for the pinwheels and marked the light colored ones with a diagonial pencil line. Tonight I might sew them up, not sure. I am also tossing around the idea of making them blocks with quarter square triangles instead of half square triangles. It wouldn't be a pinwheel quilt then. I'm just not sure yet what the quilt wants to be. I'll have to play some more with it.

This week has been one that I wish I lived out in the country with no neighbors. We had some trouble across the street in the rental house. The landlords of this property do not care what moves in there, nor do they keep the property up, so you can imagine what we get. The cops were over there looking for the tenant, presumably on drug charges. I just don't know. Makes me really really glad we have TWO BIG MEAN DOGS!

I say the dogs are mean, however if you aren't doing something you shouldn't be, my dogs would leave you alone. They wouldn't let anyone come into the house unless it was okay with us. Then they settle down and are okay.

Not doing so hot on my diet. Sigh.

Last night we had breakfast for supper. I made sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, and hash browns. There was a lot of gravy and quite a few biscuits left over so I brought them to work today. That sure went over well. Everyone ate it up!

Tonight we are having spaghetti for supper. Darling daughter is on Spring Break and is going to start making the sauce for me before I get home. That will be nice, to have a jump start on dinner.

No comments: