Monday, December 28, 2009

Began sewing on mystery

Here's a picture of my fabrics for the Raising Cane mystery. I have made it through clue 3 and will be starting clue 4 in the morning. The tan fabric has tiny rosebuds on it and it is the fabric most used in the mystery. I've had this fabric in my stash a long time and really like it, so I'm thinking I'll keep this quilt for myself. The green material was actually a sheet that I had bought to make waterbed sheets with but then cut them wrong and they didn't fit, so the sheets went into my stash.

I had my dad, stepmother, and sister over this evening. I made a big pot of chili and had lunchmeat for sandwiches. We had a nice supper. I wanted Dad to see my village because he has a collection of houses also. He commented that I pretty much have the one room dedicated to the village. It's true! They also had not seen our Christmas tree and I wanted them to see it also.

Today is Darling Son's birthday. We didn't really get him anything yet (no $$ til payday!) but I think at 19 he understands it's coming, just has to be patient. He had to work tonight.

Darling Daughter called this evening. Her b.f. got called back to work this evening and I think she was lonely.

I had to laugh out loud today when reading another quilter's blog. She mentioned her son was home from college for the holiday and that his room was right next to her sewing room. He was spending time in his room practicing his duck call and while she was glad he was home, she was pretty sure no ducks would be migrating into his room! It reminded me of when Darling Daughter was home and I wanted to sew but she would be upstairs in her room, right next to my sewing room, and would have the stereo on or something like that. She actually warned Darling Son that he shouldn't move into that room because I would be waking him up with the sewing machine on weekends. Guess the irritation factor runs both ways...lol.

No comments: