Friday, December 18, 2009

A week before Christmas

Wow, am I ever glad this week is over! Everyone I talk to felt like this was one long week. I guess it's because it's the week before the holiday. I did go up into the sewing room and look at those log cabin blocks. There were only about 7 of them, so not enough for a tree skirt. And I just don't know if I want to use them for stockings of now.

Went over to my friend's house after work and played a few board games. She loves that game Rummycube. We played a couple games of it and one game of Othello. I hadn't played Othello for a long time. Didn't stay very long.

Didn't cook dinner tonight. Had pizza over at my friend's and brought a sub sandwich home for Darling Hubby. Last night I made some meatballs to put in a jarred sauce. Well, I just put the meatballs on a plate and pushed it back to back of the counter. Then I pretty much fell asleep on the couch in the front room. In a half state of sleep I heard Wrigley go in to the kitchen. I would hear her nails clicking on the floor, then stop, then she would come back into the front room. She did this a couple times, then I remembered the meatballs. I got up and looked at the plate and there is this neat half circle of meatballs missing from the front portion of the plate! I guess Wrigley thought I made her a plate of hor douvres. And no, I don't know how to spell that word! Got lucky that she didn't get sick from them. That dog is walking garbage disposal!

Darling Daughter is still in Florida. I had lunch with her bf's mother today. She is a nice woman. Darling Son is still cat sitting for them. He's enjoying the freedom, I think.

No comments: