Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gift card was burning a hole in my pocket...

So I went to JoAnn's today and spent the gift card my sister gave me for Christmas. And then some, but not much... honest! I picked up material to make a lap size quilt for the upcoming New Year's Eve Mystery. I know right now that I won't get to start the quilt on New Year's Eve (tomorrow) but I can download the clues, just like I did for the Christmas Mystery and make it soon. I picked out fabrics suitable for a young boy, so I'm planning to give this to Darling Daughter's b.f.'s 2 year old son.

I also picked up half a yard of some material that was already quilted. I took it right up to the sewing room and made a walker bag for my grandmother. I'll post a picture of it soon. I made two pockets on the inside of it and put ties along the top and at the bottom corners to attach it to the walker.

Tonight I'm making a meat loaf for supper. The house is smelling pretty good about now...yum!

I went back upstairs last night after posting on the blog and did two more clues on the Christmas Mystery. Now I have to press pieces before continuing...ugh. I just have this aversion to the iron... Will probably go do some more sewing before the night is over unless my friend Lori comes over to play some games.

Seems lately I have been posting things I want to get off my chest. Here goes another rant (or whatever you want to call it!). I know it is wrong to feel jealous of others and what they have, and I would not change my life for anything. There are times, though, that I feel things are a little lopsided. I read a lot of blogs and are on a couple of chat groups and sometimes people post on there how they have just begun quilting and have these fabulous set ups, machines, frame quilters, rooms, etc. to quilt with/in. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge people their nice things. I just needed to vent. I have made choices in my life that have led to what I have or don't have materially, and I am happy with those choices and would not change them for anything. I do not know the circumstances that others live with who have the nice things. They may have health problems, marital or family problems, or any number of issues to deal with that I am so very very fortunate not to have. So now that I have ranted, vented, and whined, I feel better and will vow to look at things in a different light and not covet my neighbor's goods. I have what I need. I'm blessed with an amazing talent and thank God for it. I am blessed with a fantastic family that loves and supports me. I know this in my heart and will try my best to let go of any petty jealousy I may have.

No comments: